Unless otherwise stated, the information available on this website, including text, logos, graphics, maps, images, audio clips and electronic downloads, is the property of WMO, held on behalf of SOFF, and is protected by intellectual property law.
Copyrights of used photos without property of WMO:
Launch of radiosonde (weather balloon) in Nadi, Fiji. Copyright: Lars Peter Riishojgaard. Location on SOFF website: Home, https://www.un-soff.org/
You may freely download and copy the WMO material contained on this website for your personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific materials.
Reproduction of short excerpts of WMO materials, figures and photographs on this website is authorized free of charge and without formal written permission provided that the original source is acknowledged. Reproduction of videos files are authorized free of charge and without formal written permission provided that the original source is acknowledged and subject to the standard creative commons licensing conditions .
Permission is required for:
- SOFF publications: SOFF welcomes the reproduction, translation and copying of all of its outreach materials in order to encourage maximum use and dissemination. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
- SOFF logo, name and abbreviation: the use of the SOFF logo, its name or abbreviation are restricted. Permission to use is granted on a discretionary basis in limited cases. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Links to SOFF website: in line with established Internet usage, any external website may provide a hyperlink to the SOFF website or to any of its pages without requesting permission. However, this use must not infringe SOFF’s rights. The SOFF logo may not be used as a link without prior authorization.
- All requests should indicate the exact material you would like to use, the main purpose for which you intend to use it and include your name, organization, contact details and website address. SOFF will not consider insufficiently documented requests and will only reply to requests considered favourably. SOFF reserves the right to determine the extent of, and the conditions for, the license or permission.
Please contact email@example.com directly for all requests.
All copyright requests sent by mail should be addressed to:
Systematic Observations Financing Facility (SOFF)
World Meteorological Organization
7bis Av. de la Paix
P.O. Box No. 2300
CH-1211 GENEVA 2
Third party use of the name, acronym or logo (hereinafter name) of the Systematic Observations Financing Facility is forbidden unless prior authorization is obtained from the Director of the SOFF Secretariat.
Third parties may obtain authorization to use the name only under the following conditions:
- the activity is in the interest of SOFF;
- the activity does not prejudice the impartiality of SOFF;
- SOFF is participating in the said activity; and
- SOFF retains control over the activity.
Permission for use shall be given only if SOFF is satisfied that the meeting or publication in question relates to a subject that is within the field of competence of SOFFor is likely to contribute to attaining the SOFF’s objectives. In principle, permission will not be granted for meetings that are being organized, or publications that are being produced, mainly as commercial undertakings for profit.
Permission to use the name of the Systematic Observations Financing Facility is only granted on a non-exclusive basis and can be withdrawn at any time by written notice.